From: Gabriel Dos Reis (Gabriel.Dos-Reis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 13:54:22

Gustavo Guerra <gustavobt_at_[hidden]> writes:

| On 3 Apr 2001, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
|
| > You might want to look around and see what sort things others are doing
| > (Macaulay2 has a large part written in C++, but that isn't what I'll
| > qualify "Modern C++", no insult intented).
|
| The only work I've found was GiNaC. Where can I find Macaulay2's work? (or
| how can I contact him)

Sorry, I forgot to include the link:

        http://www.math.uiuc.edu/Macaulay2/

It uses a garbage collector (you need to solve a memory management
problem anyway) with a C++ interface and the GNU multiprecision
library. The library source is more or less documented -- the last
time I looked at it, it was in late 1999 so maybe things have
improved.

You won't need the whole thing, but I'm bringing it in as an example
of how people solve such a problem. You may extract from it useful
abstrations.

Hope that helps,

-- Gaby