From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-03 20:09:04

Hello,

Could you please show a small example demonstrating the problem?

Thanks,
Jeremy

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 HEYA_at_[hidden] wrote:

HEYA> I'm having trouble using the filtered_graph class and I'd
HEYA> like to
HEYA> know if this sounds familiar to anyone.
HEYA>
HEYA> All is well when I use only an edge predicate. But when I add a
HEYA> vertex predicate, the run crashes. The vertex predicate class has a
HEYA> default constructor as required, but it looks like boost is
HEYA> expecting this default constructor to initialize the vertex property
HEYA> map (or a pointer to it), which of course it can't do because no
HEYA> argument is passed in. I say this because if I code the default
HEYA> constructor to initialize a property map pointer as null, and if I
HEYA> code the () operator to return true if that pointer is null, the code
HEYA> at least runs, but then it still does not filter out the vertices
HEYA> correctly.
HEYA>
HEYA> So it looks like it's actually accessing this property pointer
HEYA> before the non-default constructor is even called. Later, when I
HEYA> assume it starts using the valid property map, it still does not
HEYA> filter correctly.
HEYA>
HEYA> By the way, why is a default constructor required for the predicate
HEYA> classes? Just curious.
HEYA>
HEYA> I'd appreciate any info on the above problem. I can provide the
HEYA> code
HEYA> if anyone is interested.
HEYA>
HEYA>
HEYA>
HEYA>
HEYA> To unsubscribe, send email to: <mailto:boost-unsubscribe_at_[hidden]>
HEYA>
HEYA>
HEYA> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
HEYA>
HEYA>
HEYA>

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Univ. of Notre Dame work phone: (219) 631-3906