From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-05 12:57:51

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin S. Van Horn" <kevin_vanhorn_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 12:35 PM
Subject: [boost] Comments on new bug-report system

> 1. It still asks me to "log in". (?)
>
> 2. As an alternative, it says "If you cannot login, then enter your email
> address here". I did so, but my email address did not show up in the bug
> report -- it says "Submitted by nobody."

Yes, I've had this experience, too. I think a bug report to SourceForge
(which I've just submitted) should be able to address the problem,
eventually. Not sure how long it will take, though.

N.B. I believe your email address is still used by the system to notify you
when the item is changed in the tracker.

> 3. Spaces at the beginning of lines get tossed. This screwed up the
> indentation of the code snippet I included with my bug report, making it
> less readable.

I think the submission may get interpreted as HTML :-(
If I'm wrong, I suggest submitting a SourceForge bug. Heck, even if I'm
right, it seems like a bug.

> 4. However, it was pretty straightforward to submit the bug and look at
> the submitted bug report afterwards.

Thank heaven for small miracles!

-Dave