From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-09 10:59:06

Hrant,

Random thought: you may also need to turn off the /Gm (minimal rebuild)
flag.

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Yardumian, Hrant (HEYA) wrote:

HEYA> Jeremy:
HEYA>
HEYA> Thanks for the info on Default Constructible.
HEYA>
HEYA> I did add a copy constructor but it does not seem to make a difference.
HEYA>
HEYA> On the other matter of the "bugfix" I reported (adding the keyword public)
HEYA> did that sound right ?
HEYA>
HEYA>
HEYA> Hrant E. Yardumian
HEYA> Chevron Petroleum Technology Co.
HEYA> 6001 Bollinger Canyon Rd. E-1192
HEYA> San Ramon, CA 94583
HEYA>
HEYA> Phone:(925) 842-6265
HEYA> Fax :(925) 842-6283
HEYA>
HEYA> > -----Original Message-----
HEYA> > From: Jeremy Siek [SMTP:jsiek_at_[hidden]]
HEYA> > Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 8:33 PM
HEYA> > To: 'boost_at_[hidden]'
HEYA> > Subject: RE: [boost] filtered_graph problem
HEYA> >
HEYA> > Hi Hrant,
HEYA> >
HEYA> > So there's two issues here:
HEYA> >
HEYA> > 1) the requirement for Default Constructible
HEYA> >
HEYA> > I'm afraid this requirement is intentional and will not
HEYA> > be removed. The reason for this is that the filter iterator
HEYA> > adaptor has to be Default Constructible to be a C++ Standard
HEYA> > conformant iterator, and the predicate
HEYA> > needs to be contained in the iterator by-value (for
HEYA> > performance reasons).
HEYA> >
HEYA> > 2) The crash on MSVC++
HEYA> >
HEYA> > I believe this is due to a bug in the MSVC++ compiler
HEYA> > with regards to generating the copy constructor
HEYA> > for your ColorTolerance class. I suggest adding
HEYA> > an explicit copy constructor to this class to
HEYA> > avoid the MSVC++ bug. Also, it would be great
HEYA> > if you could report this bug to Microsoft.
HEYA> >
HEYA> > Cheers,
HEYA> > Jeremy
HEYA> >