From: Lois Goldthwaite (loisg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-10 08:15:00

Hi,

There had been some discussion earlier about people seeing an increase
in spam since Yahoo took over egroups. Here is a list showing the
subject line and sender of spam I've received in the past few days (less
than a week). I'm just curious whether anyone else here is receiving the
same messages. If not, then I suppose whatever list I'm on got my name
some other way.

Forgive me for the off-topic posting, but the spam mail is getting worse
every day, and if there is a Yahoo connection, we should complain.
Loudly.

Lois

Subject - Sender [optional additional comments]

. [a dot] - loidrgiperikg_at_[hidden] [get rich quick]

1st Are You Being Investigated - stevesbuysi3i21i_at_[hidden]

Accept Visa/MasterCard Online! 16432 - LisaGrant56_at_[hidden]

Credit Cards? - aaron6847_at_[hidden]

Double Your Life Insurance at NO EXTRA COST! - "Free Life Quotes"
  <Life-Insurance_at_[hidden]>
  [despite the UK address, prices are quoted in dollars]

Give Your Partner Endless Orgasms. . . .. . . . . . . . . . 30843 -
  uzfufhft17_at_[hidden]

Great deals on inkjets and paper? - achtc_at_[hidden]

Here is your information about membership in our private club! -
  hardgold_at_[hidden] [get rich quick]

I'm back... - achmad23_at_[hidden]

Internet Software Locates Info - 9721inv_at_[hidden]

Investigate Anyone or Anything with this program! -
goldplaques_at_[hidden]

LENDERS COMPETE! Lowest Rates in 8 YEARS!! -qrjccw -
holel122_at_[hidden]

Lowest Cost Life Insurance Quotes -
  "Life Insurance Quotes" <Life-Insurance_at_[hidden]>
  [identical content to the previous life insurance message]

Password - ComputerJobs.com - Chuck Carter
<chuck.carter_at_[hidden]>
  [it's possible this one came to an alias at my employer -- it doesn't
   look as sleazy as the others]

Recession Proof Stock!! - StockInfo_at_[hidden]

REFINANCE YOUR HOME! - thespyishere1_at_[hidden]

Roddoctoc Krajimurt Ntirstoc Unthark - 0Ow470L6w_at_[hidden]
  [get rich quick]

Take A Break! - cac88_at_[hidden]

This Program lets you investigate Anyone or Anything! -
   nobizness_at_[hidden]
   [two copies of this one]

Want AAA Credit?....Easily Create a NEW Credit Profile! -
juan12a_at_[hidden]

You Can Do This! avhib - <ypsrs_at_[hidden]> [get rich quick]

your account - P03umJ1gq_at_[hidden] [lesbian porn, hard-core message]