From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-10 13:08:01

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:

> [...]

Let's hope and pray!

> Any chance they're fixing the wondrous linker symbol length
limitation?

Linker symbol length? Do you mean error 4786 "'identifier' :
identifier was truncated to 'number' characters in the debug
information"? This isn't a linker problem and will be a hard nut for
MS to crack, though I agree that they should. The problem is in the
debug symbol information data layout. Fixing the compiler isn't
enough, they'd have to fix all the available Windows debuggers as
well. Not an impossible task, but I bet it's not fixed with VC7.

Bill Kempf