From: Gary Joseph Benson (gary_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-10 16:09:08

Hello Group,

I am having a problem with the Regex++ library under Borland Builder 5. As
soon as I attempt to initialise/use a regular expression;

    regex pattern("something"); // or
    regex pattern;
    pattern.set_expression("something");
    // - plus several other variants ..

I get an error: 'Pointer arithmetic in invalid memory' - flagged as
originating from the regbase class.

The error is called by CodeGuard - which is the Builder leak detector. When
I turn Codeguard off, things tend to proceed pretty much as intended, but
this is not very satisfactory! Any suggestions, most welcome.

regards

Gary Benson

using:-
    Borland C++ Builder 5 Professional Build 12.34
    Windows 98 Build 4.10.1998
(- code is available, should anyone be interested.)