From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-11 04:55:27

Salut,

On Tuesday 10 April 2001 22:58, you wrote:
[...]
> I would like to request a review of the following three
> libraries:
>
> 1) Special functions

[...]

I just had a short look at the "Special functions",
and I would like to suggest to rename the packet.
This packet define a few extensions to the trigonometric
functions, which I wouldn't call special functions.

AFAIK the notion of s"special functions" refers to:
->Gamma-, Beta-, incomplete Gamma-, Error-,
    Chi-square- functions, probability functions,
-> exponential integrals, all kind of Bessel functions,
-> hypergeometric functions,
-> elliptic integrals, Cosine & SIne & Dawson integral
-> sperical harmonics

 & ... more stuff you can find in "Abramowitz & Stegun"

Best wishes,
Peter

BTW: Looking at this package I wondered if someone is working
        on Clebsch-Gordon coefficients and 3j, 6j and 9j symbols?