From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-11 05:59:44

>I get an error: 'Pointer arithmetic in invalid memory' - flagged as
>originating from the regbase class.
>
>The error is called by CodeGuard - which is the Builder leak detector.
When
>I turn Codeguard off, things tend to proceed pretty much as intended, but
>this is not very satisfactory! Any suggestions, most welcome.

I agree that it's horrible, but it's a Codeguard bug: If you look closely
at the messages generated by codeguard you will see that the offset and
pointer address have got transposed, and if you dig further into the
assembler you should see that the codeguard helper functions are getting
called with the arguments the wrong way around!

I wish there was some way to fix this, but so far I haven't been able to
persuade Codeguard to do the right thing - it seems to be related to the
use of a union here.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/