From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-12 19:34:51

I have a small Python script that generates the missing
C++ C headers for a few platforms (Compaq Alpha cxx,
both Linux & Tru64, Silicon Graphics IRIX CC). I am
routinely using the headers generated by the script to
compile the Boost.Python library. The makefiles in
boost/python/libs/build rely on the headers being present.

Is there a good place somewhere in the boost tree to
put the Python script? An ad-hoc approach would be to
put the script into boost/python/libs/build, but there
it would be somewhat hidden. A more prominent location
would be useful since the headers could also be used
with other boost libraries.

Alternatively, would there be a good place to put the
results of running the script, i.e. the actual headers,
instead of the script itself? What about boost/C++_C_headers
or boost/fixes/C++_C_headers? -- I do not really like
this idea myself, though.

I would appreciate some guidence.

Ralf