From: Bill Seymour (bsey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-13 13:12:54

Thomas Witt wrote:

> ... I assume that a bad product will have problems to compile
> most of the boost libraries.

I was thinking of a particular implementation that the Boost
libraries try to support because of its ubiquitousness. 8-)

> I would prefer to see the bad test results.

I agree; and I believe that we'll see them in any event.

> ... whoever is looking into using boost is very unlikely
> to use a compiler that cannot compile boost.

Well...those who are looking into using the Boost libraries are
likely to know good implementations from bad; but, for the most
part, they're _unlikely_ to be the ones who decide what development
system(s) their companies will purchase.

Have I just argued against my own position? 8-)

--Bill Seymour