From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-04-16 11:31:34

--- In boost_at_y..., Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_g...> wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> > Do you have any sense how robust it is?
>
> I believe it should work in all cases without races. Except for
bugs,
> of course.
>
> > What was your impression of Boost.Threads after actually using
it? Did you
> > come across any particular strengths or weaknesses?
>
> Not really. I've basically implemented a "monitor" pattern, and
> Boost.Threads provided me with the basic building blocks to do
> that, i.e. mutexes and condition variables.

I assume you've written similar constructs with other threading
packages such as pthreads, Win32 threads, ACE threads, or what ever.
Can you tell us which packages you've used to implement examples such
as this one in the past and what differences you perceive (in
usability, safety, ease of use, development time, etc.)?

Thanks,
Bill Kempf