From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-17 11:26:23

At 06:00 AM 4/17/2001, krempp_at_[hidden] wrote:

>back in October 2000 I started a thread about saving/loading objects
>à-la python's pickle,
>and then discovered the boost project 'persistence' .
>
>Now the time has come for me to save/load my nested structures (
>including some tree<vector<vector> > ..), so I will definitely use
>persistence.
>
>the files in the vault are dated November 2000,
>but are'nt there any private version with bits of update ?
>If so, could it be uploaded somewhere in the vault, as 'alpha
>version' or some other explicit name..

We've moved the files into CVS under the branch
"persistence-initial". Jens and I have had some email over the last couple
of days, and I've written another test program, which got put in the CVS
branch yesterday.

Overall, the Persistence Library seems pretty strong to me.

There are a number of compiler issues, particularly with wchar_t and FP
types, the documentation needs a bit of updating, and more work needs to be
done on the XDR reader/writer, but most of these seem pretty minor to me.

I hope it will be put up for formal review soon.

--Beman