From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-20 18:29:38

on 4/19/01 7:06 PM, Beman Dawes at bdawes_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Daryle Walker's CRC Library has been accepted by Boost, subject to the
> following:

Cool!

> * The code needs to compile on a wider range of compilers.

I just came out with version 14 in the vault. Now everyone, abuse it with
your compilers for compliance.

> * The Endian and void * issues identified by Darin Adler and Jens Maurer
> need to be resolved. Jens suggestion to "remove the augmented CRC
> functions until a general boost solution for endian-independent data access
> becomes available" should be given great weight.

Right now, I added a quick-fix native-to-big endian conversion function.

> * An independent test of correctness for at least crc-32 should be
> available.

I do have another routine in the test code (quick_crc32).

> * General problems identified by Jens Maurer, such as lack of
> acknowledgements, should be dealt with.

I have acknowledgements in the new version.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie