From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-23 10:08:50

I am still trying to finish Knuth Vol 1 !!!

I have assumed that the result you get by reading
a string of ample decimal digits (at least 2 'spares')
should be at worst 1 least significant bit 'wrong'.
(assuming the compiler does its stuff right).

And that this least significant bit can be found using
numeric_limits::epsilon for the type. (Is epsilon
the same as ulp?)

And that the interval (that some people need) can be
defined by adding and subtracting epsilon
to the compiler's 'best' value?

Is this right? Or is it more complicated still?

Paul