From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-23 10:08:45

There is nothing secret or difficult about the program for generating these
constants (though setting up the NTL library involves some work).

I will include it in the vault if BOOSTERS think this useful.

You DO need some program like this that works at MORE than quad_precision
(128-bit) to get a accurate quad_precision, plus anti-rounding error digits,
- nothing that the compiler will do is sufficiently accurate.

While * or / 2 is a special case of being exact, in general it is
better to use a accurately pre-computed value.

So for example, I will add four_thirds_pi for completeness
(though it CAN be calculated from one_third_pi)

Paul