From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 09:01:30

At 02:59 AM 4/24/2001, Eric Ford wrote:

>I just tried out the pool library. The pool_singleton worked fine and
>gave an easy 5+% speed up. Thanks!

Thanks for the report. It really motivates developers to know people are
using their libraries.

>But when I tried to use pool_alloc, it had problems including
><limits>. At first, I thought this was a type-o, so I changed it to
>climits, but it appears to be looking for std::numeric_limits, which
>isn't there. Surely someone else is using g++ (2.95-4 rpm on redhat
>linux) and knows a work around. Sorry, this is probably a dumb
>question.

We've gotten so tired of the lack of limits for some compilers that in the
next release (due today or tomorrow) there will be a <boost/limits.hpp>
file. It will just forward to <limits> on systems that have one, but will
otherwise supply a (hopefully standards conforming) limits header.

--Beman