From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 13:17:17

At 04:12 PM 4/23/2001, Jens Maurer wrote:

> - I believe that filenames with spaces are a bad idea, can be easily
>avoided (use the underscore) and thus should be avoided.
>
> - Filenames of boost submissions tend to follow the
>lowercase_underscore convention of boost identifiers. I'd be pleased
>if we could thusly avoid MixedCase filenames for general
>consistency.

Agreed. I've expanded the discussion of Directory structure on the
requirements page to included filenames requirements, as above. Also the
need to keep names (including period and file types) to 31 characters or
less. That doesn't guarantee total portability, but at least it covers
Unix, Windows, and Mac-like filesystems.

--Beman