From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 15:31:26

On Tuesday 24 April 2001 03:46, you wrote:
> At 02:42 PM 4/24/2001, Gustavo Guerra wrote:
> >I tried to compile with Borland C++ and got the following error:
> >
> >Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
> >crc_test.cpp:
> >Fatal F1004 D:\ProgLang\shared\include\boost/crc.hpp 62: Internal
> >compiler error at 0x46f530 with base 0x400000
> >Fatal F1004 D:\ProgLang\shared\include\boost/crc.hpp 62: Internal
> >compiler error
>
> It isn't just Borland; GCC also gets an internal error. Metrowerks,
> Microsoft, reject the code although not in such a spectacular fashion.
>
> I'm holding off adding CRC to the web site until I get a fix from Daryle.
>
> --Beman

Boost could greatly benefit from some sort of compile farm where Boosters
could submit code and get immediate results. Those of us who run x86 systems
are lucky enough to have many compilers available to test our code, including
(perhaps arguably) the best (Comeau) and the worst (MS, Borland); even so, I
would jump at the chance to try my code against other compilers on other
platforms prior to formal review.

        Doug