From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 17:57:37

on 4/23/01 7:26 PM, Jens Maurer at Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Daryle Walker wrote:
>> Check out the new code, it hopefully shouldn't choke on any compilers.

> Works on gcc 2.95.3, a 3.0 pre-release and Como 4.2.45.2
>
> The test program should be changed to really test something (with a
> clear fail/pass) result. Currently, it just outputs some progress info
> which I'm not going to read through in its entirety.

The new stuff isn't made of "action" classes, so the conventional test tools
can't work on it. It's similar to the noncopyable test program, which
doesn't have conventional tests either, and is deliberately written to fail.

For the new test, the "bad" class uses its related objects before those
objects are initialized. The "good" classes use the Ron's member helpers to
get initialization in the right order. I don't do any real initialization,
just print the address of the objects themselves and their passed objects.
(Is even looking at the address of an uninitialized object legal?)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie