From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-24 20:15:37

At 08:11 PM 4/24/2001, David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

Supporting Dave's point, the changes in version 16 were enough for the
modern version of CodeWarrior to compile and run correctly. At that point,
only a trivial change was needed to get a clean Microsoft compile, although
it failed the runtime test. The messages don't look so bad for the other
compilers either.

The best way to develop portable template code is to have a current
compiler. Better yet, two current compilers. That's reality today. But
it is getting better, and the next release of a number of compilers could
well be good enough that for most practical purposes we can say they are
conforming.

--Beman