From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-25 11:50:57

From: "Jens Maurer" <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>

> The "tailored_constants" stuff is needlessly complicating the
interface,
> because that means that the user would need to explicitly write
> tailored_constants<T>::... wherever he wishes to get the really
precise
> constants. The precision of the constants is basically a Quality-of-
> implementation issue for the constants<> template.

I feel your pain; I'd like to have the simpler interface, too. The
problem I see is that it is not possible for an implementer to choose a
single best implementation for all users of the platform. Some users
will want constant folding and some will want binary (i.e. hand-crafted)
precision. It's not a matter of one implementation being higher quality
than the other; it's just a matter of having different tools available
for different jobs.