From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-04-29 12:41:06

Here is a summary of the changes made in this version:
        - Added classes function0, function1, ..., function9 so that changes in the
number of parameters won't break interfaces. (Peter Dimov's suggestion)
        - "function" is a generative interface for the number classes, but also can
be used standalone as before.
        - Policies implemented for function classes. For each invocation, an
instance of the policy is created and the precall member is invoked before
the target; the the postcall member is invoked after the target has been
called. (Could be used for synchronization, for instance).
        - Support allocators when possible.
        - bool/const void* conversion changed to "const undeletable*" conversion.
Same usage, but will throw a compile-time error if the user tries to delete a
function. (Guert Vos)
        - Removed assignment from integers (i.e., f = 0; is now an error).
        - Poisoned == and != comparison between functions
        - Can assign a non-void function/function object to a void boost::function
(and it will eat the result) (Jesse Jones)
        - Better testing & converted to Boost test tools
        - Some small optimizations
        - A FAQ was created to justify some of the implementation decisions

The usual suite of compilers has been verified: MSVC, GCC, Comeau, SGI,
Intel, and Borland. Unless there are any catastrophic disagreements, I'll be
requesting formal review in a few days.

        Doug Gregor