From: Chris (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-01 00:09:52

Thank you John! I think my problem was I was thinking of sub-expressions as
a sequence of strings, but in boost/regex each subexpression is treated as
a series of characters, rather than a string. That string converter is
quite handy, and I'm sure if I were more fluent with templates and
iterators I could have picked it out of the docs. But as it stood I just
got confused.

By the way, any reason the iterators are called 'first' and 'second',
instead of 'begin' and 'end', or something similar? I'm not trying to
nitpick, but since I expect them to be called begin and end, and they're
not, I'm guessing there's something I'm not looking at the 'right' way.

Thanks again. I'm awfully fond of The Boost.
  - Chris