From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-03 08:04:07

I am in Copenhagen at the C++ committee meeting, and as such have only time
for very brief comments.

As Alexey is one of the principal contributors to this library with proven
good judgement I give his remarks extra weight out-of-hand. His remarks
should be given (nearly) as much weight as mine (I am the maintainer).
Beside that, I agree with most of what Alexey has written on its own merits.
The proposed changes to this library need to be stabilized quickly if they
are to be considered. That means controversial changes should be removed at
least temporarily so that the vast majority of the work, which is excellent,
can be saved.

Regards,
Dave