From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-03 09:18:21

On Wednesday 02 May 2001 08:41, you wrote:
> I was trying out the May 1st version of the function trial library at
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/Callback/function-05-01.zip>,
> and I got an error from <boost/type_traits/function_traits.hpp>. It was on
> line 142, highlighting the word "template." I forgot what the exact error
> was; I think it was a syntax error. This is on Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro
> 5.3 for the Mac OS, so it's probably a compiler deficiency.

Perhaps your compiler can handle member templates, but not the ::template
syntax? i.e., it would accept (with Allocator, Foo template parameters):

typename Allocator::rebind<Foo>::other

but reject the correct version:

typename Allocator::template rebind<Foo>::other

Perhaps boost::function will someday work on CW5.3 :)

        Doug