From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-05 06:47:52

>The file compiled just fine; the error is at link-time. It started
>happening when I first wrapped the testing functions as class-static
member
>functions. The other two tests are not affected. I have no idea what is
>causing this problem. I'm using Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 5.3 for the
Mac
>OS.

First the good news, the new version builds OK with gcc, Borland C++, and
VC6. All link correctly when the "master_test" that you commented out is
uncommented, so it looks as though you have a Metroworks specific problem
here, sorry :-(

Now the bad news... the VC6 tests are still failing, however the reason is
predictable - some of the crc interfaces use function templates with
non-deduced parameters, currently the argmented_crc tests are working
(don't know why this should be, experience suggests that they probably
won't work for all possible template paramters), but the functional tests
for the crc function are failing (or at least two of them are, one's
getting passed the correct parameters "by accident").

Daryle, what I suggest you do is place the functional and argmented
interfaces inside some #ifdefs:

#ifndef BOOST_NO_NON_DEDUCED_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS
// code
#endif

Likewise the tests for those interfaces, does this sound reasonable?

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/