From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-07 06:59:08

>Are you sure it's "by accident"? From other posts I've read, this VC6
>problem isn't that it scrambles all template functions with non-deduced
>parameters, it's that VC6 creates only one version of the function
template
>and mistakenly calls that version for all versions of the function
template?
>I only use one version of (each) argmented_crc template function, so the
>problem doesn't show up.

Could be, but I seem to see multiple versions in the debugger - some have
scrambled template params, some don't, I haven't noticed any pattern, but
that doesn't mean that there isn't one :-)

>Is this #define in <boost/config.hpp>? The newest version of "crc.zip"
(20)
>calls boost::crc through a function pointer that's explicitly initialized,
>maybe that'll work.

Not yet in config.hpp, easy enough to add though. I'll give your latest
version a test and see if it works with VC6 anyway...

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/