From: Ken shaw (ken_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-09 14:18:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Seymour" <bsey_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Fixed-Point Decimal Type

> Ken Shaw wrote:
> >
> > The class should support all the usual arithmetic operations
> > along with some of the more common accounting functions.
> >

> What would you like to see? I can imagine pow(decimal, int)
> for help in computing loan payments. What else?

actually on further reflection most of what I would want are more would
operate over iterator ranges of these values. Mostly statistical analysis
type operations.

> --Bill Seymour

Also on reading some other posts on this subject I would ask that you make
sure that any conversion to strings use locale facets or at least provide
for an extension of the locale facet system to cover this. There are far too
many different styles of displaying currencies to make building them into
your class.

BTW on the topic of the locale section of the library, Is there any known
implementations of locale facets beyond the classic "C" locale? If there is
some source of such out there I would like to see it and my company might
buy such a library extension. In particular would be specializations of the
codecvt to go from UTF-8 to wchar_t and vice versa, as well as numeric and
currency formating facets.

Ken Shaw