From: Bill Seymour (bsey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-09 16:12:22

Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> ... I recommend at least two default variations, one with an
> efficient internal representation and another with a flexible
> representation, allowing arbitrary large numbers. Some
> applicatiosn will need that range flexibility.

I think I want to write a class that one or more vendors could
implement as a built-in type under the as-if rule. That's why
I picked 18 digits (prior art on IBM mainframes, if I remember
right).

Something that is to the proposed class as vector is to built-in
array would certainly be useful; but I see that as a separate class.

--Bill Seymour