From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-13 19:38:09

At 12:46 PM 5/11/2001, Jeff Paquette wrote:

>I've been mostly lurking here for several months and am amazed at the
>quality and depth of conversation here. That's not suprising, once I
became
>familair with who everyone is.
>
>I have been detailed to come up with a workable regression test suite for
>the next revision of our project. I have read the boost.test
documentation
>and find that it seems to be a good starting point. I notice that the
unit
>test is incomplete and unspecified. A search of the boost archives wasn't
>fruitful.
>
>If my employer is willing, I would like to contribute the unit test code
>boost. Having said that, what are the requirements for the boost unit
test
>library?

Jeff,

Take a look at the unit test stuff from Ullrich Koethe in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/unittest/ The docs are not up to
date.

He and I went back and forth about a month ago, and got to the point where
both of us were pretty satisfied except for a few odds and ends. Then we
got busy with other work, but should get back to polishing it fairly soon.

I'm planning to update catch_exception according to various comments, too.

So if you would like to take a look at Ullrich's work, now might be a good
time, so that we could have the benefit of your comments before going into
a formal review.

Cheers,

--Beman