From: John (EBo) David (ebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-14 19:00:04

I just started playing with Koethe's unittest and was unable to compile
out of the box on SuSE Linux 7.1 (kernel 2.4.0), g++ 2.95.2. I was
able to get catch_exceptions.hpp to compile by adding "#define
__USE_UNIX98" just before "#include <signal.h>". The problem appears to
be that sigset and sigrelse are not part of the new POSIX (though I
could be wrong there). In any event, adding "__USE_UNIX98" fixed the
problem. Another simple problem was that cout was not properly resolved
in catch_exceptions.hpp because namespace std was never used. So on 85
I changed cout to std::cout.

g++ also complained that "`class boost::detail::test_case' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor", so I added "virtual ~test_case ()
{}" to unit_test.hpp.

In addition there were a number of warnings with comparing
testcases_.size() (an unsigned value) with the loop variable i (signed
int) on lines 277 and 295 of catch_exceptions.hpp.

hope this helps...

Other than these trivialities unittest looks GREAT! Thanks Dr. Koethe.

  EBo --