From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-16 16:34:42

On Wednesday, May 16, 2001, at 03:09 PM, Bill Seymour wrote:

> I'm writing the I/O operators for the fixed-point decimal
> classes; and it looks like I won't be able to take the easy
> way out and use the money_put and money_get locale facets
> after all because I might not want moneypunct::frac_digits()
> digits to the right of the decimal point.
>
> Somebody please tell me that there's something obvious
> that I'm missing. 8-(

I believe you are correct. frac_digits() is intended to represently
*exactly* the number of digits after the decimal point. One could of
course have frac_digits() return 0 if that is what one wants.

To the best of knowledge, the std::money facets don't do the showpoint
dance that you can do with the numeric facets.

-Howard