From: Erik Gahlin (erik_gahlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-19 02:40:31

I just wanted hear if there's been any discussion about adding a GUI
library to Boost. I realize that it could be very problematic but not
impossible.

I stumbled on Microsoft WTL (Windows Template Library). A GUI library
that Microsoft probably will not support anymore because they've
jumped on the C#/.NET bandwagon. People who are using WTL are very
enthusiastic though.

I realized how beneficial templates and MI could be in a GUI library.
Check out this code snippet that defines a Window in WTL.

class CMainFrame :
        public CFrameWindowImpl<CMainFrame>,
        public CUpdateUI<CMainFrame>,
        public CMessageFilter,
        public CIdleHandler,
        public IMainFrame,
        public CPrintJobInfo
{
}
I ran a sample application that used WTL, it was dead fast, and the
size of the executable was microscopic.

Has there been any talk about a GUI library or is it just a dream?

Regards,

Erik Gahlin