From: Hubert HOLIN (Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-21 17:14:52

--- In boost_at_y..., Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> This class template is from the Special Function library under review.
>
> The "quaternion.hpp" header has a big waste of writing and code space. The
> specializations of the float, double, and long double versions are exactly
> like the main version, except for explicitly (pardon the pun) mentioning
> conversion constructors for the other special versions, and making some of
> those constructors explicit (if it's from a higher type).

[SNIP]

> There's more that can be done....
>
> --
> Daryle Walker
> Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie
> darylew AT mac DOT com

        Well, not exactly (there are also exception guards in the
unspecialized versions which are not present in the specialized
versions, among other), but the point is well taken.

        Your approach might be workable, but might incur some performance
hit. I am instead experimenting with Vesa Karvonen's CPP
Metaprogramming ideas, which look very promissing (not using his
proposed library though, since his exposition is sufficient for my
needs and I do not feel like waiting for the review to be carried out
on his library before I can wrap up mine).

                Hubert Holin
                Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden]