From: joel de guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-21 19:08:08

From: "Hubert HOLIN" :

> There is a caveart though: the grammar, especially for octonions,
> is rather rich in ambiguities. With PCCTS I have means to lift the
> ambiguities (to make choices), and it would be necessary (for my use)
> that equivalent means be available here.

Spirit could parse very ambiguous grammars. I believe ambiguities
are natural and we should not be put on a straight jacket of LL(1)s
LR(1)s and all-the-variants(1)s :-)

I believe this was forced upon us by the high priests. Theoretically,
resolving ambiguities through back-tracking would slow parsing
in the order of n^n. That's true, theoretically. And they had reason
to fear. Back then they were dealing with memories and cpu speeds
measured in the Ks.

I believe non-determinism is an area that needs to be explored.
I am thrilled by its informal and chaotic nature. Some researchers
assert that the intersections let us define languages that are not
context free [R4]. "The theory of defining a language as the
intersection of a finite number of context free languages was
developed by Leu and Weiner in 1973".

a = b & c;

how about

Have a nice day,