From: Vesa Karvonen (vesa.karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-25 08:08:10

I'm requesting a formal review of the PREPROCESSOR library. The library
package "preprocessor_20010525.zip" is in Files/PREPROCESSOR.

The library has been tested with:
- MSVC++ 6.0
- cxx - the DIGITAL C++ compiler
- g++ - GNU project C++ Compiler
- cpp - the C language preprocessor

I recommend that the library is tested with as many compilers as possible.

The library includes:
- Pregenerated library headers
- Documentation including:
  - Tutorial
  - Rationale for implementation decisions.
  - History (log) of development
  - Keywords for syntax hilight
- Pregenerated unit test application.
  - If this compiles on your compiler, the test passes. There is no need to
run the test.
- Program for generating the library headers, unit test and keywords.
  - The generator requires a compiler that supports:
    - streams,
    - algorithms, and
    - namespaces
  - This program is not designed to be used by everyone. The pregenerated
files should be appropriate for almost everyone.