From: bdawes_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-05-28 09:08:45

--- In boost_at_y..., John Maddock <John_Maddock_at_c...> wrote:

> static assert now casts to bool, so any integral constant
expression will
> do, provided of course that the compiler is able to handle integral
> constant expressions correctly..

I ran your changes through the Win32 regression tests and they worked
on all the usual compilers.

I notice you used old-style casts rather than static_cast<>. Was
that because GCC doesn't handle static_cast<> correctly? (I tried
it, and it worked for the other compilers but failed for GCC with an
error message indicating lack of some static_cast<> support.)

Anyhow, should you add a comment indicating why you are using old
style casts?

--Beman