From: tom-list_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-05-28 15:48:57

I'm wrapping the STL for use with Python.

My principal goals are to make the STL's containers and algorithms
available to Python developers, and to allow C++ developers to expose
to Python the instances of C++ classes that are based on STL
components.

Why am I mentioning this here? Well, I'm not sure where to discuss
this. I realize that this list is pretty hi volume even without off
topic stuff, but I wanted to at least make the boost users aware that
I was doing this. Also, I'm not an expert at the STL or at generic
programming and many of the boost people are, so I hope to benefit
from suggestions (I might not process all suggestions right away but
I will address them all before a final release).

Regarding where I should take this discussion, possibilities include
c.l.python and c.l.c++. The ideal place would be the C++ Python SIG,
but that has been shut down. If lots of people are interested than
maybe I'll try to restart the SIG; if there is very little interest
than people can just E-mail me directly at Tom_at_[hidden] (that's
my name).

It will be open source, and I'll probably just distribute it from a
web site. I'd estimate that I'm about half done so far.

Tom.