From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-30 06:42:29

>I've used the regex library in win32 and is working fine. The next task
was
to port the application onto Solaris. Now I tried downloading the source
for
Solaris from the site and tried to compile. The following is the problems I
face:

"/opt/SUNWspro/SC5.0/include/CC/./string", line 144: Error:
__string_ref_rep_type is not a member of __rwstd::__string_ref<char,
std::traits, std::Allocator>.
<

The library should build OK on solaris with sun workshop 6.1 (C++ compiler
version 5.1) or later. The error message that you're getting looks strange
to me - it's coming from Rogue Waves internal code - so either there's a
problem with your compiler setup, or with Rogure Waves latest libraries?

what happens with:

#include <string>

// check basic_string instantiates OK:

template class std::basic_string<char>;
template class std::basic_string<wchar_t>;

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/