From: joel de guzman (isis-tech_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-30 08:43:57

From: "Greg Colvin" :

> This is just a vague feeling, but I wonder if using this
> shorthand for repetition might not foreclose some more
> interesting future use of operator() ?

I had the same feeling while coding the feature...

Joel de Guzman

PS> Following Bruce Florman's suggestion, all of the global extern object
declarations are now const declarations. Since there are no non-const
operations being done on these objects (does not have data to modify
in the first place), and since const objects are static by default, doing
this
eliminates the need for the ..cpp files that were there just to instantiate
the objects. So the whole framework is now composed of just header files.