From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-31 12:05:57

Hi David,

To get the location of the error, the compiler needs to print out the
"error stack", that is, not just the line of where the error was caught
but it needs to print out the names/locations of the functions in the call
stack that lead to the error. Often times, even when compilers print out
the call stack, the real "location" still doesn't show up because the
printing gets cut-off at a certain depth. The BCCL helps this by reducing
the depth. However, in a compiler that does not print *any* stack, then
BCCL doesn't help in trying to get the location. I forget, but I think
VC++ doesn't print out any stack.

Ciao,
Jeremy