From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-04 09:48:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Siek" <jsiek_at_[hidden]>

> > // and
> > // a traits class. The bind class should have a single typedef
> > // named "type" that produces the default for TYPE. See
> > // boost/iterator_adaptors.hpp for an example usage. Also,
> > // applications of this macro must be placed in namespace
> > // boost::detail.
> >
> > And why a "traits class"? Nowhere do you say what should be done with
it.

I would still like to hear your answer to this. Is it a traits class, or
just some arbitrary type?

> > suggest there should be a single type parameter; pass a type list or
type
> > pair for iterator_adaptors. In any case, the code is still quite
unclear.
> > Can you put the implementation details at the bottom and the high-level
> > stuff near the top? Can you improve the comments? I'm still afraid of
what
> > happens when I have to debug this.
>
> Sounds like you want me to turn the named parameter header into a "public"
> and reusable peice of code ;)

Well, let's just say that it doesn't need to be ready for public review,
with HTML docs and motivating examples (would be nice of course) but it
ought to be clear enough that I am able me to maintain
iterator_adaptors.hpp, which depends on it.

> I hadn't planned on that, but OK, fair
> enough. It will take some more time to figure out exactly how to do this,
> and write up the docs.

Don't go overboard. I think if you:
1. Make sure each class is commented
2. Make sure the comments are accurate
3. Try to separate interface from implementation a little

it will go a long way.

-Dave