From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-07 10:37:03

--- In boost_at_y..., "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_m...> wrote:
> From: "John Maddock" <John_Maddock_at_c...>
>
> > The relevent files can be found at:

09.zip
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/Callback/function-05-
09.tgz

> Note: it's -19, not -09.
>
> I think that Function should be accepted.

I second this. I'm still evaluating and testing this library
(incorporating it into Boost.Threads actually) still, so I may have
further comments yet, but initial reaction is that it's a very good
solution.

> Comments:
>
> * allocator_test.cpp generates remark 'Access control not
specified, public
> by default' on
>
> template<typename T>
> struct counting_allocator : std::allocator<T>
>
> and similar code under Intel C++ 5.0.
>
> * There are no tests for the numbered variants, e.g. for function2<>

Since the numbered variants are ultimately used by the unnumbered
variant I'm not sure that tests are needed. Examples would be
useful, however.

Comments of my own:

* For symetry and least surprise it seems that set() should have a
variant taking a nil_t. If this is done I question whether or not
clear() should exist, but it's not a big deal to leave it.

* Also for symetry there should be an operator!=(nil_t).

Bill Kempf