From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-07 15:32:40

boost_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Hello,

> a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the boost
> group.
>
> File : /GarbageCollectByTmplSpecializa/gc_sel_ssp.zip
> Uploaded by : jcampbell3_at_[hidden]
> Description : correct bug in proxLazyCrc::op=

The prox_recur__crc__ class had a serious bug in the operator=.
The bug could have lead to isolated cycle; hence, memory leak.

The revised code also corrects what I think is a bug in
Lin's cyclic reference counting algorithm (see crc_names.hpp
[JL96] reference). Briefly, the bug is caused by freeing
a cell while a pointer to it remains in the control set. The details
are in the crc test driver.

I'd appreciate any corrections.