From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-09 10:47:03

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>

> The commented lines do not compile. This leaves us only with operator==/!=
> to worry about.
>
> What do you think? :-)

I am of two minds:

1. I like this. You can "poison" operators==/!= to prevent them from
working. It might be worth enshrining this as a Boost.Operators template or
something (including poisoning) so that the idiom can be easily re-used.
Don't tell me it's just syntactic sugar; /everything/ is syntactic sugar;
syntax counts! If it didn't, we'd just write machine code.

2. What a waste of time; this is just syntactic sugar. It doesn't even make
things very sweet, and it comes with associated dangers (op==/!=). Getting
it right is complicated, and complexifies the code.

-Dave