From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-10 11:25:02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernhard Glück" <contact_at_[hidden]>

No; please see http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html

> and I used the
> Simple example of the docs..
> So i included the class_builder.hpp and imported the namespace etc....
> However I get one compiler warning :
> warning C4541: 'dynamic_cast' used on polymorphic type 'class
> boost::python::detail::instance_holder_base' with /GR-; unpredictable
> behavior may result
> c:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\xstring(583) :
> while compiling class-template member function 'void *__thiscall
> boost::python::detail::extension_class<class Test,class
> boost::python::detail::held_instance<class Test> >::ext
> ract_object_from_holder(class
> boost::python::detail::instance_holder_base *) const'

So, if you read the warning carefully, you'll see that the compiler option
/GR- which you have used to compile your module is incompatible with
Boost.Python.

> and about 50 unresolved externals, it seem some library or source code
> is missing
> I am using MSVC 6.0 with Service Pack 5 and Python 2.1 final release..
> Any clues on this one ? maybe i am missing something trivial

All the information you should need is supplied in the documentation page
referenced above.

-Dave