From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-12 21:36:57

 David Abrahams wrote:
> There's a known problem with boost::output_iterator_helper
> and MSVC, which chokes on void default template arguments.
> The interface to output_iterator_helper needs to be changed anyway, to
> remove all of those parameters which default to void (an
> output iterator /must/ have void value_type and differnce_type anyway).
>
> Could that be involved somehow?

It is for sure. I just realized that I was a bit unclear when I first
reported the problem - true, "due to default 'void' template
parameters 'output_iterator_helper' fails to compile on MSVC", but it fails
not when you try to use (instantiate) the 'output_iterator_helper' template,
it fails compiling the definition of the class. So basically just including
the header leads to the problems. Sorry about that.

Aleksey