From: larsbj_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-13 09:29:36

williamkempf_at_[hidden] writes:

| > So the boost::function<> or the object returned from bind need to be
| > packaged somehow to be able to pass it through a queue.
|
| Bind should not do this, as it's an orthogonal concept, as pointed
| out.

no I want the defer_call to do that...

| > So perhaps a "defer_call" that packages function objects with
| > operator()() would be more suitable for Boost.Thread or boost in
| > general?
|
| Boost.Function already does this (I assume you're confused about this
| because there are no virtual methods in boost::function<>, but trust
| us, Boost.Function is a "deferred call" model).

I might be confused... but I really cannot see how I can pass a
function<> through a queue. (without limiting to only one return type)

OR... all such object need to f.ex. be repackaged into function<void>
before being passed to the queue. (it that even allowed?)

--
	Lgb