From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-14 07:17:34

From: "Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]>

> > There seem to be a lot of headers under boost/, would it be an idea to
move
> > everything except function.hpp to boost/function/ ?
>
> I'll throw out another suggestion: we could move all of the Boost.Function
> headers into boost/callback/, because function is only the first step in a
> full-fledges Boost callback library (will include at least signals &
slots,
> but there might be useful intermediate steps as well).

I disagree with this. Boost is becoming a large collection. Having class
boost::X defined in <boost/X.hpp> definitely helps.

I can't count the instances where I #include'd <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>. :-)

In the future Boost.Function may be used by a full-fledged Boost.Callback,
but it's not going to be undivideable part of it.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.